Wichita Falls’ Only Commission on Cancer Accredited Program
United Regional’s Cancer Program is one of just over 1400 Commission on Cancer (CoC) approved cancer programs nationwide. Cancer programs earning recognition from the CoC offer high-quality cancer care that meets or exceeds Commission standards.
Only one in four hospitals that treat cancer patients receives this special approval, and 80% of newly diagnosed cancer patients are treated in a CoC program.
CoC accreditation recognizes the quality of cancer care available at a facility and offers a commitment that you will have access to all of the various medical specialists who are involved in the diagnosis and treatment of cancer.
Receiving care at a CoC-Approved Cancer Program ensures that you will receive:
• Quality care close to home
• Comprehensive care offering a range of state-of-the-art services and equipment
• A multi-specialty, team approach to coordinate the best treatment options available to cancer patients
• Access to cancer-related information, education, and support
• A cancer registry that collects data on type and stage of cancers and treatment results, and offers lifelong patient follow-up
• Ongoing monitoring and improvement of care
• Information about ongoing clinical trials and new treatment options
Learning that you have cancer can be an overwhelming experience – one that leaves you frightened, vulnerable and alone.
By coming to an approved cancer treatment program, you can be sure that you will receive the best in diagnosis and treatment of cancer and that full consultative service will be available from all medical disciplines involved in diagnosing and treating cancer.