General Surgery – Trauma/Critical Care
We are recruiting a Board Eligible or Board Certified Trauma Critical Care Surgeon to join our Level II trauma services team. We have the 2nd busiest ER in North Texas, only Parkland is busier!
Joining our medical staff would include these significant benefits:
- Generous sign-on bonus
- 14 twelve hour shifts of primary call per month
- 14 twelve hour back up shifts per month
- Possible extra shifts available if desired
- No in-house call for nights
- Call shared with 3 trauma critical care surgeons and 5 general surgeons
- Epic EMR
Wichita Falls, Texas is a wonderful community to have a great work-life balance.
- Third Happiest City in Texas
- National ranked as the 7th Best City for Working Parents
- Ranked nationally as the 6th Least Expensive City in the cost of living index
- Blue Ribbon public schools and excellent private schools.
- Average commute is no more than 15 minutes
- Easy drive to Dallas, Ft Worth and Oklahoma City
United Regional is a technologically-advanced, award winning hospital.
- 340 licensed beds
- Level II Trauma Center
- $70 million dollar tower, includes modern surgical suites, advanced women’s and children’s services and a Diagnostic Imaging Center
- $27 million dollar expansion of ED
- Not for profit, locally managed
United Regional is a technologically-advanced, 325 bed hospital serving over 230,000 friendly Texans in a nine-county area. We are a Level II Trauma Center and serve as the Primary Stroke Center for the region.
In 2009, we opened a $70 million dollar tower, which includes modern surgical suites and a Diagnostic Imaging Center, and more. United Regional is dedicated to investing in the latest technology for our medical staff to benefit patient care.
Our campus is currently undergoing an expansion and renovation of our ED. Scheduled to be finished by the end of 2016, it will double the size of our current ED, and will provide larger treatment rooms to accommodate our patients with greater privacy, care, and comfort.
United Regional Health Care System is located in Wichita Falls, Texas. Wichita Falls is a wonderful community to have a great work-life balance – enjoying a full family life and having a financially successful and rewarding career in medicine. Recently ranked among the countries top 10 real estate markets, Wichita Falls was also recently ranked 7th in the nation for best cost of living. Our community offers Blue Ribbon public schools and excellent private schools. The average commute to drive anywhere in our community is no more than 15 minutes. For those who love the big cities, Wichita Falls is within a two-hour drive to Oklahoma City and the Fort Worth/Dallas Metroplex.