Community Care Fund
What is it?
The Community Care Fund is a resource that helps individuals in our community who have significant medical needs that are made more challenging by difficult socioeconomic situations. Many cannot afford the basics they need to move to improved health, such as medications or diabetic supplies.
Who does it serve?
The Community Care Fund mostly serves patients who have been discharged from the hospital and have ongoing medical needs and limited or no resources. Many of these patients are referred to United Regional’s Transition Clinic, where professionals work to match their needs with appropriate resources. In 2021, the Transition Clinic served 3,500 individuals, many who received help from the Community Care Fund.
What does it provide?
- Medications – This is the #1 need. Patients often need medications and have no means to pay for them.
- Transportation – Allows those without transportation to be able to get to doctor’s appointments.
- Diabetic Supply Kits – Provides patient with insulin, syringes and testing supplies for 60 days.
- Durable Medical Equipment – Includes oxygen, blood pressure cuffs, glucometers, scales, etc.
- Food Boxes – Helps patients who frequently have trouble accessing food that is necessary to maintain health and general well-being.
- Hygiene backpacks – Provides basic items necessary to maintain good hygiene – thus preventing ill ness and infections from viruses and bacteria. Packs made for women and men.
- Tooth extractions – Gives much relief for patients suffering from abscessed teeth.
- Access to specialists – Helps individuals get care they need.
Why is it needed?
Federal regulations prohibit use of hospital funds for the provision of these supplies and services to Medicare, Medicaid, and Tricare patients. Therefore, donations made to the Community Care Fund help ensure these supplies and services are available to ALL patients in need.
How can you help?
Donations are needed to continue this vital service! Checks can be made payable to the United Regional Foundation and mailed to 1600 11th St, Wichita Falls, TX 76301.
Online donations can be made at the link below.
For more information, contact Foundation Director, Noel Filer, at 940-764-8459 or firstname.lastname@example.org.