Hospital Stay Information and Tips
Thank you for choosing United Regional for your health care needs. We want to provide you with high quality patient care, and will do everything we can to ensure your hospital experience is a smooth and comfortable process.
To help you prepare for your stay with us, we have provided a list of items you should and should not bring to the hospital.
What to Bring to the Hospital
- Your health insurance card and your spouse’s, if applicable; all insurance forms;
- Paperwork, such as pre-authorizations
- Valid driver’s license, state identification card or passport
- Advance directive documents if you have them
- All medications you are taking, in original containers
- Any outside lab test results and pertinent X-rays not taken at this hospital
- Personal hygiene items, such as comb/brush, deodorant, toothpaste, toothbrush and other toiletries you may need
- Clothing for your stay in the hospital and at discharge
- Eyeglasses, hearing aids, other personal assistance items
- Reading and writing materials, and other personal items you’ll want during your stay
- If desired, cash to pay for items such as newspapers, gift shop articles, etc. (more than $30 is not is recommended)
If you forget any of these items, please as your nurse for assistance. You may ask a family member to bring the item from home.
What to Leave at Home
- Credit cards
- More than $30 in cash
United Regional cannot take responsibility for loss of these items.