School to Work Program
United Regional’s School to Work program helps those who are passionate about serving others and pursuing a degree to become a Registered Nurse (RN). Often, the most challenging piece of higher education is the financial burden. This program removes those barriers by paying for tuition, books, and fees, and providing extra income during clinical rotations. In return, United Regional asks that you commit to working as a bedside RN at United Regional.
Eligible employees meet the following criteria:
- Be employed with the system in a full- or part-time position for one year preceding your application
- Have RN program acceptance letter
- Have no written disciplinary action within the past 12 months
- Employees interested in the program can apply by July 20 for the fall semester, or by November 20 for the spring semester. Applications are available on the intranet > About Me > Tuition Programs > School to Work – RN. Along with your application, you will be asked to submit:
- A short essay that describes your personal/professional goals and the reason you would like to pursue your RN degree
- One professional letter of reference
- FAFSA award notification letter
United Regional is committed to the long-term success of our greatest resource – our people! If your goals include becoming an RN, we hope you will consider applying to the School to Work Program.
For questions about the program, please call Human Resources at X7800.