Volunteen (Student Volunteer) Program
At United Regional, we enjoy working with students during the summer. It’s a great opportunity to showcase their skills, instill a volunteer spirit and possibly find future healthcare professionals!
The Volunteen program at United Regional is a 10-week summer program beginning June 3 and ending August 9, 2019.
Students interested in volunteering at United Regional, must be:
- 14 years of age by June 1 of 2019
- high school or going into high school in August
- must be able to commit to at least one day per week for 10 weeks of volunteer time (June 3 to August 9)
Students help with departmental projects, work in the Coffee Bar and Gift Shop, pop popcorn or work the Farmers Market and may assist on a medical floor.
What’s In It For You?
- Learn new skills
- Work as a team
- Learn new things about yourself: what you enjoy; what you’re good at; get ideas for your career
- Know you have the power to make a positive difference in someone’s life by providing service to patients and families and service to your community.
No matter where you volunteer you will make new friends with volunteers and staff. Every volunteer, no matter what their job, is part of the big picture, accomplishing our passion to provide excellence in health care for the communities we serve.
How To Get Started
Simply download the application, reference letter forms, essay form and checklist below. Please review the information carefully. Reference forms must be submitted directly to the Volunteer Office (not given to students). All information must be submitted for consideration for the program.
For questions regarding the application process, please contact the Volunteer Office at (940) 764-6007.
Student Volunteer application, essay and reference are due April 1, 2019
Student Volunteer program will begin in June 3, 2019