Start the year off right by giving your heart a boost!
As we look toward heart health month (February) in 2021, the pandemic has required us to re-think our traditional Heart of a Woman event.
Heart health remains a critical concern as heart issues are a leading cause of death in our area. Could your heart use a lift? Would you like to move to better health in the new year? Grab a buddy and get moving!
We invite you – men, women and children – to join in the fun and participate in Hearts on the Move Digital 5K Walk. Your registration will include a complete WELLNESS SCREENING PANEL (valued at over $100), a fabulous t-shirt, goodie bag, and chance for door prizes. Creativity will be rewarded as BEST TEAM COSTUMES will be recognized weekly during February!
When does registration open and how much does it cost?
- Register at runreg.com
- Cost is $25 per person
- Registration open until February 14, 2021
- Register by Jan 17, 2021 to guarantee an event t-shirt
When and where do I walk?
- Participants can complete the walk anytime, anywhere during the month of February 2021. Suggestions include:
INSIDE 1. The YMCA of Wichita Falls (track or treadmill) on all weekends in February, open to non-members for the walk/run 2. Sikes Senter Mall, 3. your personal treadmill or gym membership. OUTSIDE: 1. City Circle Trail (access at Endurance House, Lake Wichita Park, Hamilton Park, Williams Park, Lucy Park) 2. Sikes Lake trail, 3. your neighborhood!
Are team costumes encouraged?
- Absolutely (with safe social distancing)! Weekly winners will be selected during February 2021 for Best Team Costumes. To enter your team, email picture(s) to Noel Filer firstname.lastname@example.org or Tina Roe email@example.com. All pictures received by Friday will be entered in that week’s contest. Winners will be informed by a visit from the “Happy Heart Patrol” the following week.
Will there be door prizes?
- Yes! Each participant will be entered in a drawing for door prizes.
When is packet pick-up?
- Packet pick-up will be at the Foundation office (1600 13th St) January 28 – 29, 2021 from 9am – 6 pm
What will the event proceeds benefit?
- Proceeds will go toward an additional technically advanced Cath Lab at United Regional! This will upgrade the functionality for procedures such as diagnostic heart catheterizations and coronary stents, and expand services/procedures including minimally invasive procedures that formerly required open heart surgery.
For more information or to participate in the event listed please contact the United Regional Foundation at (940) 764-8205 or firstname.lastname@example.org.