Visiting Hours & Masking Requirements
Update to the Modified Visitor Policy at United Regional (includes the Hospital, Emergency Department, URPG Clinics and CarePlus Clinic)
United Regional will continue to modify its visitor policy as needed, adapting accordingly to 1) protect the health of our patients, visitors, staff, and community and 2) prevent the potential spread of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19).
EFFECTIVE WEDENSDAY, MARCH 1, 2023:
- Hospital visitation hours: : 7 a.m. to 9 p.m., 7 days per week; MICU/SICU visitation: 8:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m., and 8:30 p.m. to 10 p.m. One support person is allowed to stay overnight in PCU, Med/Surg, and Mother/Baby.
- URPG Clinic hours: Monday – Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- CarePlus Clinic hours:
- Barnett Road Medical Building: 7:30 a.m. to 7 p.m., 7 days per week
- Burkburnett: Mondays and Wednesdays, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
What You Need to Know Before Visiting
- All visitors (including outpatients, vendors, and contractors) are expected to self-screen regarding symptoms and potential exposures. Unless seeking personal medical care, visitors are asked not to visit if COVID symptoms/significant exposures are present.
- Visitors are expected to comply with masking guidelines, which may change from time-to-time. Notices of level in effect at any given time will be posted at entrances and on websites/social media:
- Red: Masking required in all areas, including all patient care & public areas
- Yellow: Masking required in direct patient care areas only (including patient rooms, exam rooms, treatment rooms, etc.) but not in public spaces, hallways, or at the nurses’ stations;
- Green: No masking required (except as necessary per isolation protocols and/or infection control policy).
- Visitation will be limited to five (5) visitors (including minors) per non-COVID patient. Minors must be accompanied by an adult (18 years or older).
- One (1) adult visitor will be allowed to accompany COVID-symptomatic patients who present to the Emergency Department or CarePlus.
- Designated entry points to the Hospital are at United Regional’s Bridwell Tower and Emergency Department.
- Patients in isolation who are under investigation or positive for COVID-19 are allowed one (1) adult visitor (18 years or older) at a time. Visitation hours are from 7 a.m. – 9 p.m., 7 days a week. Once a visitor leaves the patient’s room, he or she must exit the Hospital immediately. If the patient is a minor, the minor will be allowed to have one (1) parent/guardian with them. These visitors will be required to wear personal protective equipment in the patient’s room. Personal belongings may be dropped off at screening locations; however, no outside food is allowed.
- For patients who are in isolation for reasons other than COVID, visitation will be limited to two (2) adult (18 years or older) visitors per patient. These visitors will be required to wear personal protective equipment in the patient’s room.
Visitor hours/policies are subject to change if/when at red masking levels. Likewise, masking policies may be updated as deemed necessary.
United Regional is committed to our patients, visitors, staff, and community. We are working diligently to ensure the highest level of health, and health care, for all. Thank you for your cooperation and thank you for entrusting us with the care of your loved ones.